Musos Corner COVID19 Updates
We are constantly monitoring the situation and are still open for business and have a great selection of instruments in store available for demonstration.
Update 1st April 2020: Most of our suppliers have just suddenly implimented price rises of 10 - 20% across the board. We may not be able to honour pricing for some out of stock items as is reflected in our pricing policy. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this very challenging time.
Update 30th March 2020: All freight companies are still operational but are estimating slightly longer delivery times and smaller call centre capacity.
What is changing:
- We are now limiting the number of people who can be in our store at any point in time
- We are requesting for customers to ask us prior to touching or trying any instrument, so we can have it cleaned after use
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all areas
- Creating a larger distance between staff and customers
- Many staff are working from home answering customer enquiries and processing orders
- Restricting testing of any Microphones, Brass & Wind Instruments until further notice
We are still shipping like normal
We are only seeing very minimal Australian shipping delays (such as a few days) from us to our customers, if any at all.
In the best interests of customers and couriers safe distancing will be implemented when goods are delivered to you. All carriers are now defaulting deliveries to authority to leave (ATL) where possible and will not be requesting a physical signature from the customer/receiver. The driver will knock or ring the bell, place the goods on the ground and step away. Once the goods are left in a safe area, delivery drivers will do their best to make a note of the location or take a picture as proof of delivery. All of our courier providers are implementing this process including Fastway, Couriers Please, TNT and Australia Post. There are a range of options available to ensure your order arrives safe and sound.
We encourage you to have items delivered to a location you, or someone you trust will be at during business hours
How will safe distance delivery work?
- The driver will knock or ring the bell, place the goods on the ground and step away.
- If you are at the delivery address, they will have the authority to note the full name of the customer instead of obtaining a physical signature.
- If the delivery address is unattended and the driver considers there to be a safe area to leave the goods, ATL will be followed and no name obtained.
- Once the goods are left in a safe area, delivery drivers will do their best to make a note of the location or take a picture as proof of delivery.
- If you have any questions regarding your delivery, please contact the courier directly once you have recieved tracking information
Which carriers are affected?
All of our domestic carriers have decided to move forward with this plan which includes to date: CouriersPlease, Fastway, TNT , Australia Post and StarTrack.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding if you do experience delays from importers and suppliers in this period of uncertainty. Musos Corner and our courier partners will continue to strive for the best practice possible under the current circumstances so far we have only seen very minor delays.
Back Orders & Pricing:
Due to the sudden drop in the value of the Australian dollar, we are anticipating significant price rises with little notice given. We may not be able to honour pricing for some out of stock items as is reflected in our pricing policy) Any price rises given to us by our suppliers will apply to new orders for out of stock items. Our website pricing may not accurately reflect new pricing on these items, please contact us for more information.
Some items (Such as special orders and bulk stock from distributors) coming from the US and China are now facing extra weeks and months of shipping delays. Locally stocked items are not effected.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this very challenging time.
Musos Corner & Foleys Piano wishes everyone, local, national and worldwide all the best through the current uncertainty. We are still open for business both instore and online and we can assure you we have taken every precaution to make your shopping experience is as safe and the best it can possibly be. Fortunately we are experiencing no disruption with supply in store and online and all services are operating as per usual.
We are also advising there looks like being a drop in the Australian dollar and therefore a subsequent price rise on some of our imported brands, please contact us to secure any present prices, we have many payment and layby options available to our customers.
We would also like to send our thoughts out to professional music industry practitioners nationwide and around the world. We know how inter connected the industry is and this situation is affecting so many people other than just artists. We hope the music gets back to full volume as soon as possible and again best wishes to all from all of us here at Musos Corner and Foleys Pianos.